Club members enjoying a social Breakfast outing.
OFFICE BEARERS FOR 2016 - 2017 :
President : Jenny Maguire
Secretary : Mandy Tennent
Treasurer : Janet Rhead
Vice President : Edward Smith
Membership Chairman : Beverley Drysdale
OUR HISTORY -
The Lions Club of Calamvale Inc. was sponsored by the Lions Club of Brisbane Macgregor Inc. and was formed during March-April 2001. The Club held its first Dinner Meeting on 4 April 2001 and chartered on 24 June 2001 with 29 members. The Charter President was Stephen Everingham. Our Guiding Lion was Lion Ken Mulcahy from the Lions Club of Brisbane Macgregor.
Calamvale is a southern suburb of the city of Brisbane, Capital of Australia's Sunshine State, Queensland, where the weather is beautiful one day and perfect the next. Calamvale is about 18 kilometres south of the city centre and is named after the Calam family who were among the first settlers in the area.
In July 1907, James Calam, selected Agricultural Farm 5731 comprising 242 acres (98 hectares) which covered the area bounded by Beaudesert Road on the West, Kameruka Street on the North, Gowan Road on the East and the approximate location of Honeysuckle Way on the South.
The Suburb of Calamvale was officially gazetted by the Queensland Place Names Board on 10 June 1972.